Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lessons learned post-op

Hello gang, it's Katie. The promised guest blogger. I  guess I'm a bad bestie because I did not manage to blog while Vicki was "surgerized." Forgive me. I got a little busy checking on her to actually post about she was doing.

I just wanted to hop on here and say thanks to everyone.  It is amazing to see all of the love and support that everyone is showing to Vicki and her family. It is beautiful, and I am so thankful to see all the love firsthand (although, I would never, EVER wish illness on VJ). So, thank you. Thank you all. You are all God's blessings and His hand has been ever present.

And now, without further ado, here are the top 5 lessons that I've learned post-op from the hospital and beyond:

  1. Unicorns are in the Bible (but only if you read the KJV). Don't believe me? Google it.
  2. Do your boobs hang low, sung to the tune of do your ears hang low, is a catchy tune. And, it makes us all giggle.
  3. Vicki is going to need "maintenance" on the new girls in 15 years. So, when we're all looking flabby and saggy, she'll be all perky again. (I might be a little jealous).
  4. I really miss Vicki when I can't constantly talk to her all day.
And, last but not least ...

5. I should never be a nurse because I am like a bull in a china shop.  I am the graceful one who knocked the lamp over and broke it. I sure hope that they don't charge Vicki $200 for a light bulb.

Thanks again, everyone. Just in case you haven't heard, Vicki went to one of her surgeons today. While he didn't remove all of her drains, he did say that he hopes to get them all out on Thursday. And, blessings of all blessings, he gave her a prescription to get rid of the nausea.

Keep the prayers coming. They are working.

-- katie



1 comment:

  1. my Kates deserves mad props for Vicki sitting today. it was not a fun job, i'm sure! love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete