Tuesday, July 24, 2012

call me Frank.

my fantabulous best friend named the new boobs today.  y'all will get to know her, too.  she's been drafted to blog in my stead when i'm gettin' surgerized.  she's a super awesome chic, i tell ya!  we shall call them FRANKENBOOBS!  mwahahaha!  good name, don'tcha think?  we talked to the plastic surgeon today and learned what all goes into building the new, non killer boobs.  it'll be a long process but eventually i'll be close to what i am now.  i'm not "normal" in any way right now so that wouldn't be an appropriate word!

oh my goodness, y'all!  after i wrote that letter to the girls last night, Righty the Rebellious started hurting!  i think she knows her time is limited!  it was seriously weird.

at this point, i'm just about done wearing shirts.  it feels like everyone in town has seen the girls anyway so what's the point?  i'm having to whip them out every time i turn around!  it's a weird feeling, knowing that so many people have taken a gander at the girls.  almost as weird as updating everyone about them all the time!  ;o) 

we're hoping to have a surgery date soon.  the surgeons have to confer and coordinate but we're hoping to know something by the end of the week.  i'm ready to get this show on the road and get this stuff OUT of me!  my sis suggested i name the tumor.  i told her i didn't want to give it the dignity of having a name.  i have choice words for it but they would be far from appropriate to share.  use your imaginations! 

thanks for your continued support, everyone.  it helps so much knowing that you're all out there praying and cheering me on! 

3 comments:

  1. I read a post on FB last week about your diagnosis. I was in shock. How does something like this happen to someone our age. You immediately went on my prayer list. I have seen updates here and there and just saw your blog. I sat here and read all of your posts and smiled and cried through them. As an English teacher, I love that I can hear your voice in them. As a Judson girl, I love that I can hear your spirit in them. You sound so optimistic. That is going to get you so far. Between that and your faith in Jesus, you have this beat. I am sure that your journey is going to be filled with peeks and valleys, but with your support group, you will come out on the other side of this smiling and maybe some big boobs :)
    Praying for strength for you and your boys, wisdom and skilled hands for your surgeons, and peace and comfort for you during this time!
    Love,
    Missy Nabors Everett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your kind words and remembrance of me (and my guys) in prayer are such a blessing! thank you so much, Missy! it is more than appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Missy, that just made me cry. So eloquent.

    ReplyDelete